CanadaStartups.org Terms and Conditions of Service
By accessing the website at CanadaStartups.org, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms of service, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on CanadaStartups.org’s website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on CanadaStartups.org’s website;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by CanadaStartups.org at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on CanadaStartups.org’s website are provided on an ‘as is’ basis. CanadaStartups.org makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties including, without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights.
- Further, CanadaStartups.org does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall CanadaStartups.org or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on CanadaStartups.org’s website, even if CanadaStartups.org or a CanadaStartups.org authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Accuracy of materials
The materials appearing on CanadaStartups.org’s website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. CanadaStartups.org does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete or current. CanadaStartups.org may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. However CanadaStartups.org does not make any commitment to update the materials.
CanadaStartups.org has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by CanadaStartups.org of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user’s own risk.
CanadaStartups.org may revise these terms of service for its website at any time without notice. By using this website you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these terms of service.
8. Governing Law
These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of BC, Canada and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in that State or location.
10. Your Account
By registering and paying either a monthly, or a one time fee to CanadaStarups.org you agree to waive all rights to a refund once you’ve logged in to our platform. Due to the fact that CanadaStartups.org provides sensitive information which we sell as our service, logging in to our platform and using our services for a second or for a month, wouldn’t allow you to obtain a refund. We urge that you are familiar with the service and the product offered by CanadaStartups.org before your registration and purchase. In the event that you registered for a monthly membership, you may cancel your subscription at any time after the initial 30 days (with no refund provided for initial payment), and with an additional 30 days notice for cancellation with a valid reason. Any accounts and fees being charged back, disputed or reported as authorized will immediately void your account until the investigation of such transactions are investigated.
11. Confidentiality Agreement
The Confidential Information to be disclosed can be described as and includes: Invention description(s), technical and business information relating to proprietary ideas and inventions, ideas, patentable ideas, trade secrets, drawings and/or illustrations, patent searches, intellectual property rights, existing and/or contemplated products and services, research and development, production, costs, profit and margin information, finances and financial projections, customers, clients, marketing, and current or future business plans and models, regardless of whether such information is designated as “Confidential Information” at the time of its disclosure. 2. The Recipient agrees not to disclose the confidential information obtained from the discloser to anyone unless required to do so by law. 3. This Agreement states the entire agreement between the parties concerning the disclosure of Confidential Information. 4. If any of the provisions of this Agreement are found to be unenforceable, the remainder shall be enforced as fully as possible and the unenforceable provision(s) shall be deemed modified to the limited extent required to permit enforcement of the Agreement as a whole.
Your privacy is important to us.
You can contact us
HSBC Building, 885 West Georgia Street,
Suite 1500, Vancouver,
British Columbia, V6C 3E8
1-800-288-9691 (Toll Free)
Please note that CanadaStartups.org does not provide any funding to individuals or small businesses. We do not provide grants, loans, tax breaks or any monetary value to small businesses or individuals. Our platform details are outlined in section 9 above. If you have any questions please contact us directly.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use personal information solely for fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other ancillary purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by using reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- We will only retain personal information for as long as necessary for the fulfilment of those purposes.