By accessing the website at CanadaStartups.org, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms of service, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on CanadaStartups.org’s website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on CanadaStartups.org’s website;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by CanadaStartups.org at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on CanadaStartups.org’s website are provided on an ‘as is’ basis. CanadaStartups.org makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties including, without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights.
- Further, CanadaStartups.org does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall CanadaStartups.org or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on CanadaStartups.org’s website, even if CanadaStartups.org or a CanadaStartups.org authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Accuracy of materials
The materials appearing on CanadaStartups.org’s website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. CanadaStartups.org does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete or current. CanadaStartups.org may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. However CanadaStartups.org does not make any commitment to update the materials.
CanadaStartups.org has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by CanadaStartups.org of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user’s own risk.
CanadaStartups.org may revise these terms of service for its website at any time without notice. By using this website you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these terms of service.
8. Governing Law
These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Canada and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in that Province or location.
Monthly Subscription Account Holders
As a monthly subscription holder you abide by the same rules as a regular member of CanadaStartups.org however, your account is available month by month. If at any time you fail to make your monthly subscription payment, your account will be terminated within 24 hours. As a monthly paid subscription holder you are responsible for paying your subscription for a minimum of 6 months with a 30 day notice to cancel having to be provided after the first 6 months. Any accounts not paid will continue to be billed and re-billed until the 6 months minimum requirement of payments has been achieved. Early cancellation is possible upon approval however a penalty fee will be applied. No refunds are provided for already paid months. Any accounts not paid, or delayed by 30 days will result in collection proceedings.
All promotions offered memberships are non refundable. A promotional membership is any membership that is taken advantage off on a non-original fee payment.
Any and all partnership memberships are non refundable and are subject to additional terms set forth by CanadaStartups upon agreement. Failing to abide by the partnership terms gives CanadaStartups.org the right to terminate the partnership membership at any time.
Any and all active memberships are non refundable and are subject to these terms and conditions.
All renewal account memberships are provided for an additional year of service from the renew date. Failing to renew up to 30 days after your account has expired, the discounted early renewal fee will be void and to renew you will have to register via regular membership fee.
10. Your Account
By registering and paying either a monthly, or a one time fee to CanadaStartups.org you agree to waive all rights to a refund once you’ve logged in to our platform. Due to the fact that CanadaStartups.org provides sensitive information which we sell as our service, logging in to our platform and using our services, you will not be allowed to obtain a refund. We urge that you are familiar with the service and the product offered by CanadaStartups.org before your registration and purchase. Prior to registering with a paid account, be sure to speak to our support team and ensure you have all of the information available which will help you make an informed decision. Once your account has been set up to CanadaStartups.org; your login details provided, an expert has been chosen, you will no longer be eligible for a refund. Note that any registrations under a promotional plan will not be eligible for a refund. CanadaStartups.org does not sell the platform and service solely based on “grant funding” or “funding” in general, but provides a product which is the Small Business Startup Portal access and associated service. In the event that you registered for a monthly membership, you may cancel your subscription at any time after the initial 6 months of services (with no refund provided for the already paid months), and with an additional 30 days notice for cancellation with a valid reason. Any accounts and fees being charged back, disputed or reported as unauthorized will immediately void your account until the investigation of such transactions are investigated.
11. Cancellation / Refund Policy
CanadaStartups.org does not provide refunds once you have successfully logged in to the platform or used our tools, resources and services which are only available to our members. In addition to that, no refunds are provided to members who’s accounts have been set up and experts assigned. A 30 Day Refund Policy is available to all members who do not log in to the platform within the first 30 days as long as a valid and acceptable reason is provided. In case a refund is approved, merchant and administrative fees are deducted upon registration; these fees are non-refundable and total 5% of the transaction. All other refund or account cancellation requests are void aside from a request to cancel the monthly subscription after initial 6 months plus 30 day notice. Failing to provide notice to monthly subscription, or attempting to cancel your account prior to the 6 months term, you may automatically be charged for remaining months up to the end of the term. Those members on a free trial account (any length of time) will automatically be charged after the free trial has expired – you may cancel your free trial account any time within the given time of the trial to avoid being charged the monthly subscription fee. To cancel your monthly subscription before the trial expires simply get in touch with us before the trial is up.
Additional services offered by CanadaStartups.org including a business plan re-write, pitchdeck creation, marketing plan assistance are non refundable once the payment has been made and work has been contracted.
12. Ultimate Authority
CanadaStartups.org and it’s representatives hold ultimate authority. Any inappropriate behavior by members could result in account termination and further action. Any and all acts by members to deface or libel CanadaStartups, our tools, resources and services will result in account termination and further actions.
Your privacy is important to us.
You can contact us
5307 Victoria Drive #176
Vancouver, BC V5P 3V6
1-800-288-9691 (Toll Free)
Please note that CanadaStartups.org does not provide any funding to individuals or small businesses. We do not provide grants, loans, tax breaks or any monetary value to small businesses or individuals. Our platform details are outlined in section 9 above. If you have any questions please contact us directly.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use personal information solely for fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other ancillary purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by using reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- We will only retain personal information for as long as necessary for the fulfilment of those purposes.