As a woman in business, it can be extremely difficult to startup, to expand and to find the available funding which the govenrment has to offer in Ontario and across Canada.
While there are female entrepreneur grants in Ontario, finding them and applying to them, often ends up being like having a second job.
Female Entrepreneur Grants in Ontario
The Ontario government, along with the local governments and the federal government of Canada, have created numerous female entrepreneur grants.
However, these grants for women are very limited in the amount that the provide to help women startup.
These programs often end up giving you $500 to $1,000 – which while it’s nice to have, doesn’t really benefit you when you have to consider all of the costs associated with starting a small busienss in Ontario (or Canada).
While some 3rd party grants for women exist such as the Cartier Women’s Initiative Awards, the Amber Grant, Pitch for the Purse – they are not guaranteed, and makes it extremely difficulty to plan a business around “winning the funds”.
The solution to getting funding for women in Ontario
As a female entrepreneur in Ontario, your first thought is probably to get funding as a woman – perhaps there are specific programs to help with this.
And yes, there are programs that help you as a woman in business, to support and build entrepreneurship, however majority of these options are government loans for women.
While you may shy away from a government loan, the fact is that the government loans or govenrmetn backed loans are often much better in many ways than your traditional bank loan.
In other words – very much recommended.
A work around due to the lack of Female Entrepreneur Grants in Ontario is to seek funding that is not specifically made just for women.
There are plenty of government grants in Ontario and across Canada; as well as many government loan options that can help with various needs such as to:
- Cover your startup costs
- Assist with hiring and training of staff
- Paying for marketing/advertising
- Helping you with the needed tools, supplies and equipment
- Paying for needed renovations and leasehold improvements
- Cash flow and much more
These funds for women are also for everyone else – and you may be eligible
Give Canada Startups funding experts a call to discuss your options – 1-800-288-9691
Female Entrepreneur Funding Options in Ontario (and across Canada)
Below is a list of a few women entrepreneur funding options in Ontario and across Canada that you may be interested in
Keep in mind that having a business plan, completed financial, a pitchdeck is critical to your success – so be sure you have it before you apply
- Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC) Women Entrepreneur
- Wakenagun Community Futures Development Corporation Wakenagun CFDC’s Investment Fund: Women in Business Loan
- Women Entrepreneurs Saskatchewan Financing
- MaRS Discovery District StandUp Ventures
- Export Development Canada Champions for Canadian Women in Trade
- Communitech Fierce Founders
- Women’s Enterprise Centre of Manitoba Financing
- Women’s Enterprise Organizations of Canada
- PARO Centre for Women’s Enterprise
- Farm Credit Canada (FCC) Women Entrepreneur Program
- Alberta Women Entrepreneurs Business Loans for Women
- Women’s Enterprise Centre Business Loans for Women
- Femmessor Loans for Women
- Pitch for the Purse
- Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC) Women in Technology Venture Fund
- Startup Canada and Evolocity Financial Group Women Entrepreneurship Fund
SEARCHES RELATED TO BUSINESS GRANTS FOR WOMEN
I WANT START A BUSINESS IN...
IS THERE HELP IN MY INDUSTRY?
- Expansion Capital
- Funding For Equipment
- Business Acquisition Funding
- Consulting Services
- Hiring & Training Staff
- Management Support Services
- Professional and IT Services
- Transportation and Warehousing
- Accommodation and Food Services
- Culture and Recreation
- Finance and Real Estate
- Forestry, Hunting and Fishing
- Health and Social Assistance