We often talk about small business funding and the different sources of funding for starting and expanding a small business. We also talk about our own Funding Database which can be used to help your small business obtain funding from multiple funding sources.
So let’s take a more in-depth look into our Funding Database to see what could possibly be available for your small business in Canada, and how you can find funding for your business.
Small Business Funding Using the Funding Database
First, let me mention that the Funding Database provided by CanadaStartups is not a free service, but it is included for you to use for free once you are a member of CanadaStartups.org
The Funding Database, as of today’s date includes listings of pretty much every government of Canada funding program available to small business owners. In fact there are currently 264 grant programs, 147 loan programs and 231 other funding assistance programs offered by the funding agencies of the Canadian government.
Does that mean that you have to apply for funding just from the Canadian government? Not at all.
Our Funding Database also has listings of private investor programs who are looking to invest in small business startups and growing businesses across Canada. There is 862 private investors profiles in our Funding Database for you to select from.
If you are thinking that your business or your startup doesn’t stand a chance, consider this… As of today, there is a potential of obtaining up to $612,676,848 in potential funding.
But don’t jump for joy just yet.
There is a lot of work before you can start to see any funding.
First you need to register as a member of CanadaStartups.org to get your access to the Funding Database so you can see all of these funding sources we’ve compiled in one place. With your membership you also get access to a Business Plan Builder Tool, our very own Investor PitchDeck Platform and access to hundreds of tools and resources to help you start your small business in Canada. For those who are new to business, you also have access to our “timeline product” which provides you step by step guidance to starting, funding and launching your small business.
Take a look at all of the membership benefits of joining with CanadaStartups right here.
This is all nice but why pay for a membership?
I know that’s what you are thinking, so let me explain a little further.
When starting a small business you really have limited time. You have to launch your small business while the excitement is there and the ideas are bubbling. Do you really have the time to go out on your own and do research on government funding, or which private investor will help provide you with money?
In our experience, focusing on your small business should be your primary goal. Let the funding portion go to the Funding Experts.
So why pay for a membership with CanadaStartups?
- You will be provided with a startup guide. This guide tells you what to do each step of the way to successful startup, funding and launch of your business.
- You will be provided with a Business Plan Builder Tool. This fill in the blanks tool helps you create a plan without the need to pay somebody thousands of dollars to have one created, or without the need to spend days if not weeks writing your own plan.
- You will be provided with the Investor PitchDeck Platform. This platform helps you create a “powerpoint style” presentation which can be shared with your busienss partners, family, friends, on social media, to banks, to investors and even the government as a aid to help you obtain funding. Think SharkTank or DragonsDen – every successful business has a presentation ready.
- You will be provided with the Funding Database. Of course the most critical portion of any business when the need for funding hits. Instead of wasting days and weeks researching for funding, you are given access to the database which in a few clicks will allow you to find what you are looking for.
- Plus many many many more tools and resources to help your small business go.
The membership is only $297 for a period of one year. Take a moment and read about it a bit more on our membership page. If you have any questions, get in touch with us, and before you go try the Startup Assessment Tool.
I WANT START A BUSINESS IN...
IS THERE HELP IN MY INDUSTRY?
- Expansion Capital
- Funding For Equipment
- Business Acquisition Funding
- Consulting Services
- Hiring & Training Staff
- Management Support Services
- Professional and IT Services
- Transportation and Warehousing
- Accommodation and Food Services
- Culture and Recreation
- Finance and Real Estate
- Forestry, Hunting and Fishing
- Health and Social Assistance